Your homeowners or renter’s insurance generally may not cover this loss as it tends to be under your deductible. There could be covered if you have personal property off-premises insurance. Also, for theft coverage to apply generally, you need proof of loss by a broker indoor, etc.
Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance, as each policy is unique to your circumstances.
Things To Do
- Delivery confirmation is a good way to prove the package was delivered.
- Thieves will follow delivery trucks, waiting for the perfect target.
- These thieves commonly strike during working hours as many homes are empty at that time.
- You can insure your packages.
- Consider having a person there when the delivery is scheduled.
- Install a security camera.
What To Do If A Package Is Stolen
- Track your package. Check the delivery confirmation and tracking number.
- Make sure a neighbor did not pick it up for you.
- Contact the seller. Different retailers have different policies and processes for handling stolen items, but usually, you are entitled to a refund or a replacement item.
- File a claim with the shipping company.
- Check your Credit Cards for Purchase Protection.