What are multi-policy discounts?
Everyone who owns an automobile or home has the opportunity to save money. Insurance companies will offer you discounts if you place your home and auto insurance with them because insurance companies want your business. These discounts may also apply to your motorcycle, boat, RV, and even your personal umbrella policy.
There are advantages to having all your personal insurance through one insurance company. These advantages include premium savings, saving time, a better way to manage your insurance, and having just one agent to oversee your insurance program.
Multi-policy discounts will vary depending on the insurance company. Usually we see discounts ranging from 5% up to 20%. Bundling your insurance can offer the convenience of a single bill and easier claims handling when you need it.
Things to remember about multi-policy discounts
- Whether you are single or have a family, you can take advantage of multi-car discounts.
- Use an independent agent to search the market for your best options.
- Bad driving habits will raise your premiums, so be sure to keep a clean record.
- Remember to insure your boat, RV and motorcycle as well.
- Most major insurance carriers have policies and discounts readily available for people living together.