As we move into a new season, it is important to remember to get your home prepared for the fall. While most Californians do not have to deal with crazy winters, we do need to be prepared for high wind and some level of rainfall.
- Keep all vegetation clear from around your home to help reduce fire damage.
- Clean gutters. Make sure water is not coming down from behind gutters and that all support brackets are securely in place.
- Check your roof for any damage.
- Tune up your HVAC system
- Inspect any walkways and handrails.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Verify that your attic is adequately ventilated.
- Give your deck a fresh coat of stain or sealer to protect it from the winter elements.